Your Privacy

The Community Council takes the security of data and information very seriously.

“Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, photographs, videos, email address, or address).  Identification can be directly using the data itself or by combining it with other information which helps to identify a living individual.  The processing of personal data is governed by legislation relating to personal data which applies in the United Kingdom including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR) and other legislation relating to personal data and rights such as the Human Rights Act.

Subject Access Requests (SAR)

Where a Subject Access Request (SAR) has been submitted,  the Community Council must respond within one calendar month after accepting the request as valid.  Subject Access Requests must be undertaken free of charge to the person making the request, unless the legislation permits reasonable fees to be charged.

How do I make a SAR?  You must notify a request in writing to the Council asking for sufficiently well-defined personal data held by the council relating to the data subject. You may be asked what personal data you need. You must supply your address  and valid evidence to prove your identity. The council accepts the following forms of identification (* These documents must be dated in the past 12 months, +These documents must be dated in the past 3 months):

  • Current UK/EEA Passport
  • UK Photocard Driving Licence (Full or Provisional)
  • Firearms Licence / Shotgun Certificate
  • EEA National Identity Card
  • Full UK Paper Driving Licence
  • State Benefits Entitlement Document*
  • State Pension Entitlement Document*
  • HMRC Tax Credit Document*
  • Local Authority Benefit Document*
  • State/Local Authority Educational Grant Document*
  • HMRC Tax Notification Document
  • Disabled Driver’s Pass
  • Financial Statement issued by bank, building society or credit card company+
  • Judiciary Document such as a Notice of Hearing, Summons or Court Order
  • Utility bill for supply of gas, electric, water or telephone landline+
  • Most recent Mortgage Statement
  • Most recent council Tax Bill/Demand or Statement
  • Tenancy Agreement
  • Building Society Passbook which shows a transaction in the last 3 months and your address

If you are not satisfied with a response to a SAR,  then you must outine your complaint in writing, setting out the reasons why to :

The Data Controller

51 Longhouse Barn,

Penperlleni,  Goytre,

Monmouthshire  NP40BD